This weekend offers up a protest ride, rugby, league, hockey and a car boot sale, amongst other events.
Metservice have predicted fine sunny weather with strong south-westerlies for the rest of the day with a 12°C high and a low of 3°C overnight. Tomorrow promises a few showers with north-west winds turning to strong south-westerlies, a 12°C high once more and an overnight low of 2°C. Sunday will be mainly fine with southwesterly winds, a 11°C high and a low of 3°C overnight.
- Nelsons second Critical Mass ride is on tonight. The ride aims to raise awareness of the cycle ways that could be lost if the Southern Link goes ahead. The ride sets off from the Beatson Rd end of the Railway Reserve at 6pm however, this critical mass will take a different route and end at the Buxton carpark.
- Local four piece band, Gentle Giant are playing at The Boathouse tonight. Specialising in 90’s music the band play a range of songs including Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilly Peppers and other 90’s dance hits. The dance party kicks off at 8pm and tickets are $10 on the door but for more information, you can call 03 5487646.
- Nelson College have a strong chance of improving their top four hopes in the UC Championships secondary school rugby competition on Saturday when they play cellar-dwellers Roncalli College at Nelson College. Nelson College have a nice run home and after a bonus point win over Waimea Combined midweek, they’ll be keen to keep the momentum going. The game starts at 11am.
- The Sarau Winter Book & Fabric Sale is back for the weekend, so come along to the Moutere Hills Community Centre between 11am and 3pm on Saturday or Sunday. This year, fabric and wool will feature alongside the popular second hand books and the Nelson Embroiderers Guild are running a bric-a-brac stall. Delicious light refreshments will be available with all proceeds going towards the MHCC garden & playground development project.
- Richmond Rabbits will play Wanderers Wolves in the Tasman Rugby League final at Trafalgar Park on Saturday, Richmond are the minor premiers and will look to claim the ultimate trophy in the match that begins at 2.30pm.
- Nelson will host the men’sTop of the South hockey finals on Saturday. Tasman are favourites to win the men’s title but face a resurgent Federal side. Tasman look for a sweep of the top titles when the women face Aotea Kiwi in Blenheim. The men’s final start at 3.30pm
- The annual Lower Moutere School car boot and craft fair is on this Sunday at the school from 10am. Everyone is welcome, and non-food item sites are still available for $15.00 with no size restrictions. A sausage sizzle and cafe will be running on the day as a school fundraiser.
- And there’s plenty to entertain the whole family with raffles, a bouncy castle and more. If you would like further information or to book a site, email [email protected] or contact 021 069 3258.