Workers rushed to hospital after chemical inhalation

0
1042

Two workers from Snap Fresh Foods have been taken to Nelson hospital after inhaling a chemical at the packaging plant earlier this afternoon.

St John ambulances were called out around 2pm this afternoon and have been joined by fire units from Stoke and Nelson and three police units.

“The workers have been overcome with the chemicals and they’ve gone to hospital, so now we’ve searched the building, found the area and will try neutralise it,” says Nelson senior fire officer, Craig Davies.

“We’ve got our hazardous materials unit here and we sent guys in chemical suits to have a look and they’ve just come back out so we’re just working with our industrial chemist to neutralise it.”

The surrounding buildings including the Rochdale apartments have all been evacuated.