For those with the tendency to forget, Mother’s Day is on Sunday and there’s plenty of ways to spend time with your mother this weekend. Take her to the Nelson Cake & Sugar Artists Demonstration and Workshop or register together for the Mothers Day 5km fun run/walk.
- Putters have been teeing off across the region for the TSB Bank Nelson Festival of Golf and today is the final day. This is the third time the popular golf tournament has run in Nelson and players come from all over New Zealand to enjoy the friendly banter between old friends and meet new friends. The festival has featured Nelson Golf Links, Motueka Golf Course, Greenacres Golf Club and Waahi Taakaro Golf Course. Today the festival is at Nelson Golf Club and runs until 3.30pm. For more information, Click Here.
- The 2016 Nelson Fringe has been running all week and continues until Sunday. With a mix of family and adult shows the festival hosts a convergence of theatre artists in the Refinery ArtSpace. The festival includes a daytime programme of professional workshops and an evening showcase of experimental new theatre works, all at a low cost to the public. Show tickets are $12 with workshops priced per hour. For more information, Click Here.
- Watch the sugar masters at work and have a spin yourself at the Nelson Cake & Sugar Artists Demonstration and Workshop. Head to the Richmond Church of Christ from 9.00am to 4.00pm to watch and learn how to make eye catching sugar craft designs with Helen Corder. Tickets are $30 per person, to purchase phone 03 5486696 or 5445970.
- Check out Stonehurst Farm from 10am to 1pm for the Nelson Ark 21st Celebratory Day. The celebrations will boast everything from dog displays, tricks & agility, a best dressed dog & owner competition, pony rides, bouncy obstacle course and lolly scramble, stalls and raffle, a sausage sizzle, ice creams and coffee cart. Friendly dogs are welcome but must be under control and on a lead at all times.
- Register for the Mothers Day 5km fun run/walk now at www.jennian.co.nz. Check in is from 9am at 8 Champion Road, Richmond and the fun run/walk begins at 10.00am. The event will be raising funds for the National Heart Foundation and is a great way to celebrate Mother’s Day. For more information, Click Here, phone 03 5438656 or email Jackie at [email protected]