Toxic fire near Three Brothers Corner

0
1342

Richmond residents were rushing around frantically closing house windows and getting washing off the line on Monday morning as a large plume black smoke from a rubbish fire descended on the town.

Fire appliances and Tasman District Council environment officers responded to calls about the fire that was lit on a commercial property near Three Brothers Corner around 8am.

The rubbish fire from hell turned toxic after what one passer-by said was a fibreglass boat ignited, sending smelly, jet-black smoke in to the air.

Richmond Volunteer Fire Brigade responded to the call but didn’t extinguish the blaze which was well contained and in no danger of spreading.