Tasman Mayor Richard Kempthorne has invited Tasman residents to attend a series of public meetings and events following the release of the Tasman District Council’s Annual Plan.
The document details what the Council plan to do over 2016/2017, how much it will cost, and how these plans affect ratepayers and residents.
Richard says councillors and staff will explain the plan and discuss the priorities for the coming year at seven events over the next month.
“We’re keen to explain the work we have been doing, the work programme for the coming year, hear from people about their hopes and aspirations for their community, and explain how Council has worked to reduce rate increases and keep debt levels within strict limits.”
The public meetings will be held on the following dates:
Thursday 17 March: Mapua Wharf Precinct, In Your Neighbourhood event, 4.30 pm – 6.30 pm
Saturday 19 March: Richmond Aquatic Centre, In Your Neighbourhood, 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
Wednesday 30 March: Richmond Mall, 11.00 am – 3.00 pm
Tuesday 5 April: Moutere Hills Community Association, Moutere Inn, 7.00 pm
Wednesday 6 April: Richmond Mall, 11.00 am – 3.00 pm
Saturday 9 April: Wakefield Village Green, In Your Neighbourhood, 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
Monday 11 April: Murchison Community Association, MESI building, 2.00 pm
The Annual Plan includes a rates income rise of 1 per cent and has a reduction in debt by $12 million from that expected in the Long Term Plan.
This year’s projects will include:
- Central Richmond stormwater upgrades to address flooding
- Queen Street utility upgrades and reinstatement
- Widening of Bateup Road and Lower Queen Street
- Saxton Field cycling velodrome completed
- Richmond central business and residential zone reviews
- New Wakefield water treatment plant
- Mapua car parking improvements
- Brightwater and Wakefield zoning reviews
- St Arnaud walkway development
- Tasman’s Great Taste Trail extended to Kohatu
- Maitai Crescent, Tapawera, drain renewal