Tasman Bay Snapper Classic postponed

0
1143

Same place, same time, different day.

The Tasman Bay Snapper Classic has been postponed until February 27.

Organiser Troy Dando says that with the current shocking weather conditions and the forecast for the next 36 hours, the competition will be delayed one week.

“We want to have a good event as there is a lot of money up for grabs and peoples safety is forefront in my planning.”

“Saturday morning is still predicted to have at least half a meter of swell and a wave period of 7 seconds that would make it a short sharp choppy sea and unsafe for the smaller craft in the competition.”

“The wind is predicted to drop but I believe the Northerly swell we have been experiencing will continue well into Saturday, Sunday morning.”

“On top of this the amount of dirty fresh water in the top end of Tasman Bay will make fishing difficult.”

“I apologise to those that cant make the following Saturday.”

Anyone wanting a refund is asked to contact Troy if they do not wish to donate the money to Coastguard.

Troy says the postponement opens the competition up to those that couldn’t make this Saturday and registrations will be kept open until next February 25.