The All Saints Church has stood in its place for 133 years despite floods, fires and earthquakes.
The land was purchased in 1867 for 200 pounds and construction was completed in 1882.
The bell tower was added, becoming a local landmark after bells were gifted from England in 1890.
Until the late 1950’s the land was often plagued with tidal flooding, earning the church it’s nickname, ‘Noah’s Ark’.
The building remains a church for Nelson’s Anglican community to this day.