This weekend is set to host dancing, comedy, sport, the regions rescue services, beautiful weather and more.
It’s sunny skies all weekend with a high of 17 tomorrow and nothing but light winds. Sunday promises to be even hotter with long sunny spells, a high of 19 degrees and a northwest wind developing.
- Hit the dance floor to Latin DJ Uli’s best tunes at the Boathouse’s Hot Latin Salsa Dance Party on Saturday. The music will be flowing from 8pm until 1pm and entry is a $7 door charge only.
- Head to Paradox on Bridge Street from 9pm for Comedy Slam Nelson. Support our local funny people and guest comedians Jundas and Sophie from Wellington. The audience pick a winner who will receive $100. This event is +18 and entry is $5 at the door
- Run or walk the scenic, fast, flat course around Stoke’s walkways at the Nelson Shoe Clinic Half and Quarter Marathon & 5km Fun Run. All races start and finish at the all weather athletics track at Saxton Field, the Half Walk begins at 8.30am, the Half Run at 9.15am and the Quarter Run/Walk & 5km Fun Run & Walk begins at 9.30am. Ideal for all abilities with heaps of major and spot prizes to be won, Enter Here.
- Enjoy handcrafted chocolates, glass art creations, jewelry, unique craft supplies, indulgent soaps, candles and more at the Artisan Market. The market runs from 10am – 2pm at the Stoke Memorial Hall, entry is $2.
- Come down to the Nelson Airport, meet the Rescue Helicopter crew, grab some food and see all the emergency services from the Nelson region from 11am – 3pm for the Nelson Rescue Helicopter Open Day. There’ll be a live winch demonstration at 12pm and the popular kids dress up competition will be judged at 1.00pm with the four winners receiving a helicopter flight. $60 scenic helicopter rides available on the day.
- Wakefield’s Higgins Park Steam Museum will host a WW2 themed Military Day with Military related stalls, vehicles, rides, blank firearms demonstration and battle re-enactment activities. The day will run from 10am to 4pm with a $5 entry fee, children under aged 14 are free.