Mens Shed goes up in flames

0
750

The Nelson and Stoke Fire Station received a call out to the Omaio Village in Stoke just before 3.30pm today.

The mens shed and the caretakers shed were well ablaze before the firemen were able to extinguish the flames.

Both sheds were empty and locked, containing tools and machinery. Two gas bottles were inside one of the sheds and both exploded whilst the firemen were breaking through the fence.

A caravan was parked outside the building and residents were concerned it would also catch alight but the owner arrived just in time.